Fox News’ Mike Tobin reports on Hurricane Dorian.
Hurricane Dorian, as a strong category 2 storm, continues to lash the east coast of Central Florida.
Continue Reading Below
The U.S. National Hurricane Center says Dorian is about 95 miles east of Cape Canaveral, Florida. Maximum sustained winds are being clocked at 110 mph. It’s moving to the north northwest at 6 mph.
The Miami-based weather center says turn toward the north is forecast by Wednesday evening, followed by a turn toward the north-northeast on Thursday morning.
The core of Dorian will move dangerously close to the Florida east coast and the Georgia coast through Wednesday night.
The federal government has granted a request for a federal disaster declaration for North Carolina in anticipation of Hurricane Dorian’s impact on the state.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper requested the federal declaration on Sept. 2.
President Trump responded.
Earlier this week Dorian pummeled parts of the Bahamas as a Category 5 hurricane, leaving widespread devastation.
The prime minister of the Bahamas says the death toll from Hurricane Dorian has risen to seven and that more deaths are expected.
“The U.S. may be getting a little bit lucky with respect to Hurricane Dorian, but please don’t let down your guard,” Trump wrote on Twitter. As it heads up the coast, lots of very bad and unpredictable things can happen! On the other hand, the Bahamas have been devastated. We are sending crews to help!”
FOX Business’ Thomas Barrabi and The Associated Press contributed to this article.
- Hurricane Irma's projected path shifts, showing greater threat to west coast of Florida
- Announcing The 2018 East Central Florida Hr Conference And Business Expo
- Maine Voices: East Coast Greenway a true gem, and Maine could help it reach full potential
- Registered sex offender in Florida accused of planning to blow up several Target stores along East Coast to lower stock prices
- Alleged member of giant East Coast heroin ring pleads not guilty after busted in Florida using dead man’s name
- Heupel takes over talented Central Florida team with great expectations
- Massive federal mob bust with 46 arrests unearths expansive network among East Coast crime families
- Crime families couldn't collaborate in East Coast racketeering because being that close clashes with mob politics, say lawyers
- Memphis Tigers are rooting hard (secretly) for South Florida to beat Central Florida
- The Boy Scouts Dive in to a Different Dimension With The L. Ron Hubbard East Coast Theatre
- Tropical Storm Emily weakens as it crosses central Florida
- ABQ's Marpac acquires East Coast company
- Keep an eye on Hurricane Maria as it aims for East Coast next week
- Feds will allow East Coast fishermen to catch more herring
- No. 14 Central Florida routs Temple 45-19; Knights run record to 10-0
- Memphis Tigers-Central Florida Knights watch party at Liberty Bowl on Saturday
- Alligator spotted with dead body in mouth at central Florida lake
- LIVE HURRICANE RADAR: Hurricane Matthew blamed for three dead in Florida as monster storm travels up East Coast
- Snow blankets much of Deep South on weekend trek up East Coast to New England
- Major heat wave expected to scorch New York, East Coast this weekend
Dorian lashes east coast of Central Florida have 551 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at September 2, 2019. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.