PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia’s Industrial Production Index (IPI) Malaysia grew 1.2% in July 2019 as compared with the same month of the previous year.
Chief statistician Malaysia Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Uzir Mahidin said the growth was driven by the increase in the Index of Manufacturing (4.0%) and Electricity (2.0%).
The Index of Mining recorded a decline of 8.4%.
On a year-on-year basis, the manufacturing sector output rose 4.0% in July 2019 after recording a growth of 3.8% in June 2019. The major sub-sectors contributing to the increase in July 2019 were electrical and electronics products (4.9%), petroleum, chemical, rubber and plastic products (3.4%) and non-metallic mineral products, basic metal and fabricated metal products (4.4%).
The electricity sector output increased 2.0% in July 2019 as compared to the same month of the previous year.
The Mining sector Index recorded a decline of 8.4% in July 2019 as compared to the same period of the previous year due to the decrease in the Crude Oil and Condensate Index (-22.7%). Meanwhile Natural Gas Index increased by 7.3%.
- Tulane's new commons set for completion July 2019 • The Tulane Hullabaloo
- Tall Ships are coming to Cleveland in July 2019
- Social Security checks will grow in 2019 as inflation rises
- Social Security checks to grow in 2019 as inflation rises
- Social Security checks will grow in 2019 as inflation risesYou may also be interested in...
- Last VW Beetle to Be Made in 2019
- Titan Machinery Inc. Announces Results for Fiscal Second Quarter Ended July 31, 2018
- H&R Block Announces Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Results
- Nevada Gold & Casinos Reports First Quarter 2019 Financial Results
- Upper Street Marketing, Inc. and Cannabis Company Growing Springs Holdings Announce Growth Plans and New Management