Issued on: 22/09/2019 – 15:12 Milan (AFP) FIFA president Gianni Infantino said Sunday that world footbalil’s governing body has been “assured” by Iranian authorities that women will be able to attend a World Cup qualifier in Tehran next month.FIFA had demanded Iran allow women free unlimited access to stadiums following the ‘Blue girl’ incident where a woman killed herself after being arrested trying to access a football stadium.”We have been assured, that as of the next international game of Iran, women will be allowed to enter football stadiums,” Infantino told a FIFA conference on women’s football in Milan on Sunday.FIFA wants Iran to end its ban on women entering stadiums that breaches international soccer statutes prohibiting discrimination.”We need to have women attending, we need to push for that with respect but in a strong and forceful way and we cannot wait anymore,” Infantino added.”This is something very important, it is 40 years that this has not happened, with a couple of exceptions, but it is important to move to the next level and to the next stage.”The Islamic republic has barred female spectators from football and other stadiums since 1981, with clerics arguing they must be protected from the masculine… Read full this story
- Number of women attending smear tests at its lowest level for more than a decade
- Embarrassment, fear and vulnerability prevents thousands of women attending potentially life-saving test
- Jess Fishlock and Loren Dykes back with Wales Women for Italy friendly
- Wales women name squad to face Italy in friendly
- West Ham women capture South Korea captain So-Hyun
- Iran arrests 7,000 dissents in 'year of shame'
- Zarif Slams Upcoming International Summit on Middle East as 'Anti-Iran Circus'
- As Iran's Islamic Republic turns 40, what is there to celebrate?
- 5 'ideal' qualities: What type of man do Russian women like?
- West Ham United Women 2-4 Arsenal Women: Danielle van de Donk scores twice as Gunners win
Iran 'assures' FIFA that women can attend qualifier have 322 words, post on www.france24.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.