Labor execs in Hong Kong face probe over contract awardOFFICIALS of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Hong Kong will be investigated for alleged improprieties in the awarding of a contract to a new service provider for the office’s new online system. Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello 3rd said the probe would proceed as soon as Labor Undersecretary for Legal Claro Arellano submits his findings and recommendations that “there is a reasonable ground” to conduct an inquiry. Arellano headed a three-man fact-finding team from the Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) that recently went to Hong Kong to look into a complaint against former Hong Kong Labor attaché Jalilo de la Torre, whose tour of duty has ended, and other POLO officials.“After receiving a report, as part of due process, you determine if there is a reasonable ground for a formal investigation. If there is such basis, you inform the winning bidder and Labor attaché to present their side, and after that you can come up with your decision if there was really an irregularity in the bidding process or any act that would be tantamount to criminal offense,” Bello said at the maiden episode of The Manila Times’ “Keeping… Read full this story
- Joshua Wong Wants Hong Kong to Be Famous for Democracy, Not Jackie Chan and Dim Sum
- Hong Kong Government Bans Pro-independence Party for 'Security' Reasons as China Strengthens Grip
- Why do Hong Kong high-rises have holes in them?
- Meet Rebecca Devany the new face of Liquid Expat Mortgages in Hong Kong
- Typhoon Lashes Hong Kong, Makes Landfall in China
- Hong Kong, in a rare move, rejects a visa renewal for Financial Times journalist
- Hong Kong Expels Veteran Journalist Amid Fears That China Is Seeking to Exert More Influence on Region
- China backs Financial Times Hong Kong editor's visa denial
- Hong Kong residents see world's longest sea bridge as infrastructure propaganda from China
- Hong Kong Takes Tiny Step Closer to Equality As Same-sex Couples Get Spouse Visas
Labor execs in Hong Kong face probe over contract award have 336 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.