Mercedes announced their arrival in Formula E for the 2019-20 season on Wednesday (Sep 11), with team chief Toto Wolff saying their “new mission” would be led by drivers Stoffel Vandoorne and Nyck de Vries. Mercedes unveiled its new Formula E car in Frankfurt. (AFP/Tobias SCHWARZ) The German manufacturer has dominated Formula One in recent years, winning five successive drivers’ and constructors’ world title doubles. “We are embarking on a new mission, an electric mission,” said Wolff at the presentation of the Mercedes-Benz EQ Silver Arrow 01. Formula E will be entering its sixth season this year, with Frenchman Jean-Eric Vergne the defending drivers’ champion. Mercedes, who join Porsche as a new entry for the upcoming season, have named former McLaren F1 driver Vandoorne and current Formula Two championship leader De Vries as their two drivers. “We are opening a new chapter,” Wolff told AFP. “This is the first time we have an all-electric car, and it’s a very special moment.” “Our goal is to reach a position that allows us to fight for race or championship wins, but the first season is about learning,” he added at the presentation. “We are newcomers, we must be modest.” Dutchman De Vries… Read full this story
- Shaku's Payback - Justice, New Guinea Style
- Feeding the Baby - Advantages of Breast Milk Over Formula
- US Formula One Team - Joke Or Not?
- F1 - McLaren Mercedes Officially Has Problems
- Mercedes Wheels
- McLaren Mercedes Improving Performance Just Before Season Starts?
- Formula For the Good Life
- Formula One - What If the Manufacturers Leave?
- The 2009 McLaren Mercedes - Caution For Lewis Hamilton Fans
- Modding Mercs - Performance Tuning Your Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes embark on "new mission" in Formula E have 281 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.