Ali AhmedAfter the end of the United Nations Security Council’s closed door meeting on Kashmir — its first in over half century — India’s permanent representative underscored India’s constitutional initiative on Kashmir was an ‘internal matter’ while maintaining that India would speak to Pakistan once that country ceases support for terrorism.The externally-directed official Indian stand has worked to stave-off legitimate concerns, stoked liberally by Pakistan, on yet another India-Pakistan crisis. It has managed to get United States President Donald Trump walk back his offer of mediation.Close However, internally, the official stand appears to have created dissonance among constituents of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). The initial euphoria was such that many believed India had ipso facto in one fell swoop veritably solved the Kashmir problem. related news Trial runs done, train services in Kashmir likely to resume on November 17: Officials Modi has changed country’s political culture: JP Nadda BJP to hold demonstrations across India on Nov 16 demanding Rahul Gandhi’s apology on Rafale That little had changed — other than the administrative map of J&K and its relationship with Delhi — even though the indomitable duo, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP President and Union Home Minister Amit Shah, resorted to the by-now-patented ‘shock and awe’… Read full this story
- Haas lodge FIA protest over Force India
- Benelli TRK 502 and Benelli 502X to launch in India in the first quarter of 2019
- Mallya denies Force India takeover rumours
- Isuzu India inaugurates its first Isuzu Cafe in Mumbai
- For MasterCard & Visa Card holders in India
- Is Justin Langer’s talk of sledging-free cricket mere rhetoric, or the dawn of a new era in Australian cricket?
- New Zealand vs India 2019: Did India plan Shubham Gill’s debut at the wrong time?
- Gautam Gambhir quashes rumors of joining politics; eyes coaching job in near future
- Gautam Gambhir responds to reports of him joining politics
- Australia vs India 2018-19: Being Virat Kohli is tough
Politics | Decoding India’s recent rhetoric on PoK have 331 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.