A yacht is pushed ashore by strong winds and high waves at a beach as Typhoon Tapah approaches in Ulsan, South Korea on Sunday. The powerful typhoon has battered southern South Korea after lashing parts of Japan’s southern islands with heavy rains and winds. (AP photo) SEOUL, South Korea: A powerful typhoon battered southern South Korea, injuring 26 people and knocking out power to about 27,790 houses, officials said Monday.A report from Arirang News (see video below) said several people were killed. Typhoon Tapah earlier lashed parts of Japan’s southern islands with heavy rains and winds that caused flooding and some minor injuries. South Korea’s interior ministry said Monday the typhoon also caused strong winds and heavy rainfall in southern South Korean cities and towns on Sunday and Monday. The storm did not make landfall on the peninsula as it moved northeast and weakened Monday. The ministry said one person was hurt seriously and the 25 others had minor injuries. Some South Korean media had reported three deaths, but the ministry said none of those deaths was caused by the typhoon. It flooded streets, damaged houses, and led to about 250 flight cancellations in 11 airports in South Korea, according… Read full this story
- What’s the difference between a typhoon, cyclone and hurricane and what are they?
- At least 18 people are killed and more than a million evacuated as Typhoon Lekima hits China
- Moment masked thugs attack a house during 'worst Mischief Night ever' as more than £70,000 of damage is caused in chaotic scenes across Liverpool during annual pre-Halloween rampage
- Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising Updated Hands-On Preview
- Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising E3 2004 Preshow Impressions
- Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising Final Hands-On Impressions
- China Dominates Korea In League Of Legends All-Star Show Match
- Overwatch Bans in South Korea Caused by Toxicity, over 18,000 Players Affected
- Hackers target India's largest nuclear power plant by infecting computers with malware 'linked to North Korea'
- Report: South Korea Developing New Pop Group Capable Of Reaching U.S.
Powerful typhoon causes injuries, damage in S. Korea have 334 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.