Forwards Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani have been ruled out for Paris St Germain’s opening Champions League group stage match against Real Madrid on Wednesday, the French Ligue 1 champions said. Mbappe picked up a hamstring injury and was forced off against Toulouse last month and has not featured since for PSG, while Cavani is out of action with a hip problem. PSG confirmed that the two strikers will resume training by the end of the week. Thomas Tuchel’s side will also be without Neymar, with the Brazilian forward serving a two-match Champions League ban for insulting match officials following PSG’s defeat by Manchester United in the round of 16 last season. Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani netted 11 of PSG’s 20 goals in their Champions League campaign last season, and the trio will be crucial again in 2019-20 as the club look to go deep in Europe’s elite competition.
- Transfer News: Chelsea Receive $131m Bid from Real Madrid for Courtois and Willian
- Real Madrid vs. Juventus in International Champions Cup: Time, TV channel, how to watch online
- Real Madrid 2-0 Getafe: Lopetegui’s men labour to winning start
- Karim Benzema_ Gareth Bale guide Real Madrid to easy win over AC Milan in friendly ahead of Super Cup tie
- No plans to bid for Neymar say Real Madrid
- Real Madrid to face PSG in last 16 of the Champions League
- Barcelona routs Real Madrid in El Clasico
- Bale leads Real Madrid into next round of Copa del Rey
- Inter Milan strike personal terms with Real Madrid midfielder Modric
- Ronaldo seeks Real Madrid exit after tax accusations: report
PSG forwards Mbappe, Cavani ruled out of Real Madrid clash have 269 words, post on cyprus-mail.com at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.