PETALING JAYA: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (pix) has put to bed any rumours of a possible cabinet reshuffle, claiming it will not happen during his tenure as the Prime Minister. “No. No, not doing my time,” he said during an interview at BFM’s The Breakfast Grille show today. He was responding to a question if a reshuffle was necessary considering public criticism of the performance of some of the Cabinet ministers. Mahathir argued that introducing new faces into the Cabinet would not necessarily improve performance, while stressing out that the current ministers have only had over a year of experience. “I think, in a new minister, I will have a tough time trying to get him to adjust to this new job. Probably, he will not deliver. “But a new minister doesn’t mean a better minister. As we may have found out, a new prime minister also doesn’t mean he will be a good prime minister,” he said, believed to be referring to the his predecessor Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak. Rumours have been rife in recent weeks that there could be a reshuffle to the Cabinet due to the underperformance of some of the ministers, with Mahathir later on… Read full this story
- If 'Narcan parties' are happening, officials say they could skew overdose statistics
- Up to parties to make TV election debates happen, government says
- MDOC wants to be less transparent and needs Legislature's help for it to happen, commissioner says
- Electoral College talk a waste of time, says Dems' 2020 hopeful Delaney
- The New York Times says gumbo is dead. But is the popular Louisiana dish really gone?
- 2,000 Islamists ‘Ready to Carry Out Attacks at Any Time’ Says Former German Spy Chief
- Liverpool playing Manchester United at the worst possible time, says Tim Sherwood
- 'Property Brothers' star Jonathan Scott has been asked to be the Bachelor 'four times,' says brother Drew
- World Trade bomb suspects gave motive in letter, Times says
- Patrick Mahomes Can Be Best QB Of All-Time, Says Dick Vermeil
Reshuffle will not happen during my time, says Mahathir have 342 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.