WASHINGTON — It appears Todd Palin, the husband of former Alaska Gov. and 2008 Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin, is filing for divorce, the Associated Press and the Anchorage Daily News reported Monday.
The court documents appear to show that Todd Palin asked to dissolve the 31-year-marriage, citing “incompatibility of temperament between the parties such that they find it impossible to live together as husband and wife,” according to the Anchorage Daily News.
The documents use their initials instead of full names: T.M.P against S.L.P, respectively, as Todd’s middle name is Mitchell and Sarah’s is Louise, the AP reported.
The documents accurately cite the Palins’ marriage date as August 29, 1988, and the birthdates for the couple correspond as well, the AP also reported.
The documents also list a child under initials T.P.V.P born April 18, 2008, also according to the AP. The youngest Palin child, Trig Paxson Van Palin, was born that day.
The rest of the couple’s children are over the age of 18.
Sarah Palin rose overnight to national prominence when John McCain tapped her to run as his VP in 2008 on the GOP ticket against Barack Obama and Joe Biden.
The divorce filing was first reported by Anchorage blogger Craig Medred and the Anchorage Daily News.
- Sarah Palin’s son wants to bar media from assault proceedings
- Sarah Palin: John McCain's Regret Over Picking Me as Running Mate Is 'Perpetual Gut-Punch'
- Sarah Palin Was Approached by Russian Ambassador to Meet Putin-Linked Politician in 2009: Report
- ‘S.N.L.’: Tina Fey Reprises Sarah Palin in a Star-Filled Season Finale
- John McCain: I regret picking Sarah Palin as running mate
- Sarah Palin's son, accused of assaulting dad, looks to bar media from court proceedings
- ‘Sarah Palin’ — the Tina Fey version — name-drops Bass Pro during 'SNL' finale
- Sarah Palin responds to McCain's regrets revealed in new book
- Tina Fey brings famous friends and her Sarah Palin impression to 'SNL' finale
- Geena Davis’ fourth husband files for divorce