Police have arrested 22 terrorist suspects following the stabbing of Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Wiranto last week. The 22 people arrested by the National Police’s antiterrorism squad Densus 88 include the suspected perpetrator of the stabbing, identified only as SA, aka Abu Rara, and his wife, FA, who was also at the crime scene in Pandeglang, Banten. The two were detained shortly after the incident on Oct. 10. The other 20 people are allegedly affiliated with the Islamic State-linked homegrown militant group Jamaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD) and have sworn loyalty to the group chief, Abu Bakar al-Baghdadi. “As of Monday afternoon, Densus 88 personnel had conducted preventive strikes against 22 people,” National Police spokesperson Brig. Dedi Prasetyo said on Monday, kompas.com reports. On the day the incident occurred, the police held a suspect identified only as WBN in Bandung, West Java, and a father and son, AT and ZAI, in Bali. The next day on Oct. 11, a suspect identified only as S, aka Jack Sparrow, was caught in North Sulawesi, TH in Cengkareng in West Jakarta and R, aka Putra, in Jambi. Dedi said that R was the brains of the group. “R was the mastermind,”… Read full this story
- 12th suspect connected to Bronx stabbing arrested in CT
- Report: Suspect said he fatally stabbed man, 'and I don't regret doing it'
- 3 injured, suspect arrested following Sunday morning downtown shooting: London police
- The educated Islamic terrorist: Kashmir now follows the global trend
- Farmington man arrested for murder following stabbing incident Wednesday
- Police search for suspect in Gridley Place stabbing
- Police ID suspect, victim in Antioch stabbing homicide
- Florida boy, 15, died while 'protecting' sister, 5, from home invasion, suspect arrested with several stab ... - Fox News
- Three arrested after man dies following alleged stabbing in Edinburgh
- Barmaid recalls ‘screaming and shouting’ after stabbing incident outside pub
22 terrorist suspects held following Wiranto stabbing incident have 306 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.