SAO PAULO (REUTERS) – A seven-story residential building collapsed in the northeast Brazilian city of Fortaleza on Tuesday (Oct 15), killing at least one person, a rescue worker told TV channel GloboNews. Five people were found alive and one dead so far, a rescue worker told GloboNews. The building fell down at around 10:30 a.m. (1330 GMT), but it was not immediately clear what caused the accident or how many total victims may be involved. Fire brigade and civil defense were not immediately available to provide further details. Television footage showed a handful of rescuers in orange suits digging through a massive pile of wreckage in a middle class area of Fortaleza, the capital of Ceara state. According to G1 news website, pedestrians who were passing by the building when it collapsed were taken to nearby medical clinics and access to streets surrounding the wreckage were closed by authorities.
- Man killed as building collapses in Punjab’s Kharar
- Man killed in Punjab building collapse had died of suffocation, finds autopsy
- 3-storey building collapses in Punjab's Mohali, several feared trapped
- 1 killed in Mohali building collapse as earth mover rams wall
- Mohali building collapse: Debris removal operations at site
- Building collapses in Jammu, several trapped
- 2 feared trapped as building collapses in Punjab’s Kharar
- One Dead as Three-storey Building Collapses in Punjab's Mohali District
- Three-storey building collapses in Punjab's Mohali, several feared trapped
- Building collapses in Punjab's Mohali, several feared trapped
Brazil residential building collapses, at least one killed have 242 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.