Belagavi: The Union government has released Rs 1,200 crore to the state for flood relief recently. While the ruling BJP is expressing happiness about the development, opposition parties are saying the amount is very low. Amid this, the district administration has shocked the state government by estimating the loss caused by floods at Rs 11,193.03 crore. So far, the state has released Rs 867 crores to the district and officials are waiting for the remaining amount. Considering the amount of funds released by the centre, the public representatives of the district have lost any hope of getting funds that will match the incurred losses. Crop loss forms the major chunk of the estimated losses at Rs 3,229.08 crore. Crops in 2,21,428 hectares were affected by floods in the district. Second in the list is damaged houses at Rs 2,996.58 crores. As many as 69,381 houses were damaged and the state government is yet to release funds to families who lost their houses. The state is heavily depending on the centreâs funds for this purpose. Loss of private properties (excluding houses) is third on the list at Rs 2,808.54 crore. It includes loss to business establishments, shops and industries. The loss… Read full this story
- ‘2.0’ records two-day box office collections of Rs 109 crore
- LSU looks to put 'Bama loss behind it against Arkansas
- Flood insurance rebuilds homes with public money repeatedlyYou may also be interested in...
- Irving says desire to win led to tirade after loss
- Uri: The Surgical Strike Box Office Day 9: Vicky Kaushal Starrer Earns Rs 91.84 cr, Eyes Rs 100 cr Today
- Hurricane Harvey report seeks to 'future-proof' Texas from climate change without saying so directly
- 'Congratulations to all Man Utd fans'
- Facebook Apologizes for Leaking Data of Millions of People
- Irving called LeBron this week to apologise
- Football previews: Tonight and Saturday games (Naugy hosts big one)
Dist admin puts flood loss in Belagavi at Rs 11k crore have 305 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.