LAUSANNE: The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has given Chinese Olympic and world champion swimmer Sun Yang, accused of smashing a doping test sample with a hammer, a November court date, swimming’s governing body said Monday (Oct 14).”The CAS hearing concerning the swimmer Sun will take place on Nov 15 in Montreux,” an official for FINA, the world swimming federation, told AFP.The court action follows an explosive report from FINA’s own anti-doping committee in January saying Sun had used a hammer to smash a blood sample during an out-of-competition test in September last year.However FINA agreed with Sun, winner of multiple world and Olympic titles, that testers had failed to produce adequate identification or follow protocol during the testing, clearing him of wrongdoing.But the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) responded by taking the case to CAS.In a break with the CAS tradition of holding sessions behind closed doors, the hearing will be open to the public and will take place away from the court’s headquarters in Lausanne.The hearing was originally fixed for September but postponed at the request of one of the parties, CAS said in August.
- Viên fails to advance at World Swimming Champs
- Hostile witnesses: Madras high court sets aside man’s conviction in murder case
- The CW Sets Dates For Three-Night DC Superhero Crossover – ‘The Flash’, ‘Arrow’ & ‘Supergirl’
- Car crash death: Court sets Zuma’s son, Duduzane free
- Translation issues delay verdict in Sun Yang doping case
- Lost in Translation: Swimmer Sun Yang's Doping Case Hits Interpretation Snag
- 2 Russian Olympians banned in doping cases
- Washington court to offer amnesty on outstanding tickets
- Judge pushes back hearing date for motions to remove black Iberia Parish judge from criminal cases
- The other Irwin family feud: Terri took her own SISTER to court in 2015 but her case was dismissed - amid claims Steve's relatives are now estranged
Doping court sets date for Chinese swimming champ Sun have 320 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.