EDSA subway, elevated walkways envisioned since 1976 vs traffic Why is DOTr so bent on running three Chinese coaches on MRT-3 for a mere two weeks and at nighttime at that? There are issues of safety and compatibility involved. Why not just make do with three or more of the old European trains that Sumitomo Corp. of Japan is refurbishing? DOTr started using last night three of 48 Chinese coaches that the past MRT-3 administration purchased from Dalian Corp. Defective and delayed, the units have been inoperative since 2016. The coaches are each four tons overweight, ill-fit for the car hoist at the repair yard, and untested for safety and reliability of 94 components and parts. State auditors have counseled they be shipped back to China to unclog the depot. The contract for MRT-3’s rehab by Sumitomo forbids DOTr from using any railcar other than the 73 original European makes. Otherwise it will be fined 50 percent of the P18.8-billion contract price, or P9.4 billion more (see Gotcha 4 Oct. 2019: https://www.philstar.com/opinion/2019/10/04/1957170/sumitomo-rehab-contract-bars-use-dalian-trains). DOTr’s press release stated that Sumitomo allowed the Chinese trains in on two conditions: that they be used only on non-peak hours, 8:30-10:30 p.m., then removed when Sumitomo starts changing the… Read full this story
- Subway Restaurants’ “Eat Fresh” Philosophy Soon to Include Antibiotic-Free Meat
- Elevator maker gets a lift out of VoIP
- Galaxy S8 vs. iPhone 7 Camera Shootout: Samsung Has the Edge
- iOS 10 Maps vs. Google Maps: Which Guides The Best?
- New York City Agency Pushes Plan to Prevent Cyberattacks on Elevators, Boilers
- Linux containers vs. VMs: A security comparison
- 10 Years After Microsoft Vs. DoJ
- Lack of IPv6 traffic stats makes judging progress difficult
- Five to Try: Plants vs. Zombies battle with cards, and Google offers its own wallpaper app
- Snyder recalls 'lost' bowl games vs. Hogs
EDSA subway, elevated walkways envisioned since 1976 vs traffic have 306 words, post on www.philstar.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.