Oct 15 (Reuters) – Epic Games’ launched a “Chapter 2” reboot of its battle royale smash hit “Fortnite” on Tuesday, as it bids to halt defections of gamers to mobile rivals “Apex Legends” and “Call of Duty”. Fortnite has been down since Sunday giving players no option other than staring at a black screen after a season-ending in-game event where its original island was sucked into a black hole. The new version of the game features 13 new locations, water gameplay where characters can swim, fish and ride motorboats; as well as new places to hide and a host of new avatars and guns. Fortnite and its early rival Tencent-backed “PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds” (PUBG), popularized an arena-style battle royale survival concept where 100 gamers are dropped onto an island to fight each other to the death. The games are free to download and play but users pay for upgrades, like the “skins” displayed on characters. Fortnite raked in $2.4 billion in revenue in 2018, more than any other single title, according to Nielsen data. After the runaway successes of those games, gaming giant Electronic Arts launched the similarly-themed Apex Legends earlier this year. The mobile version of Activision’s long-running “Call of… Read full this story
- The Division Launches Clear Sky Challenge Mode Today
- New Game Teaser Site Launched by D3Publisher; Challenges You to Resist Touching the Breasts
- Gigabyte Launches Featherweight Category-Challenging Notebook
- Call of Duty Black Ops 4 release sees Fortnite players quitting and even SELLING their accounts
- Fortnite Hallowe’en event – when does Fortnitemares start again and what leaked skins are there?
- Fortnite down? Servers offline for Tuesday update to prepare for Fortnitemares Hallowe’en event
- Fortnite Carnival Clown Boards locations: where to get a score of 10 or more on different Carnival Clown Boards
- Fortnite Founders Pack – how to grab Save The World skins in Battle Royale?
- Fortnite season 5 week 1 challenges
- Fortnite: Fortnitemares Halloween event teased by Epic Games
Fortnite launches "Chapter 2" after Call of Duty challenge have 319 words, post on feeds.reuters.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.