A man digging a grave in northern India found a newborn girl buried alive, police have said, in the latest case to shine a spotlight on female infanticide in the country. Hitesh Sirohi had gone to bury his own daughter, who died a few minutes after birth on Wednesday, when his spade hit an earthen pot, local police in Uttar Pradesh state told AFP. “When he noticed a newborn girl inside it, he immediately rescued her and dialled … for help.” Sirohi told the Times of India he found the baby wrapped in a cloth and crying. “At one point I thought that my daughter had come alive. But the voice was actually coming from the pot,” he told the newspaper. The newborn was taken to hospital where she is receiving medical care, police said, adding that a local politician was paying for her expenses. Female infanticide has become widespread in India because of parents’ preferences for sons – who are viewed as investments and heirs – while girls are seen as a liability. India is trying to bridge the sex ratio gap with tough laws, as the country fares badly with 940 females for every 1,000 males according to… Read full this story
- Man stunned after finding a seven-inch GECKO in his toilet
- Wife stranded in UP, man rapes daughter
- International Jazz Day: Looking at the influence of jazz on Indian music
- An Indian World War I fighter pilot’s moving story emerges in rare UK archive
- Facebook Watch Greenlights Second Season Of True Crime Docuseries ‘Buried With Love’
- Man Dies While Digging Grandfather's Grave, Asks Friends to Dig One for Him Too Before Dying
- Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds do not intend to make their newborn baby Wilfred a 'public figure' - despite him growing up in Downing Street
- Brazil grave diggers say 'we're burying a lot' and fear an even higher virus death toll
- Kara Keough pays tribute to her baby boy McCoy with heart-rending photo of her cradling the newborn after he died during birth: 'We're missing you'
- Kim's Alive! South Korea says despot Jong-un is NOT dead as defectors from his evil regime also say they believe he is still healthy
Man burying daughter finds newborn alive in Indian grave have 365 words, post on www.theguardian.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.