The NBA has postponed Wednesday’s scheduled media sessions in Shanghai for the Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers, and it remains unclear if the teams will play in China this week as scheduled. The teams were practicing in Shanghai on Wednesday, where at least two other NBA events in advance of the start of the China games were called off as part of the ongoing rift that started after Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey posted a tweet last week that showed support for anti-government protesters in Hong Kong. “Given the fluidity of the situation, today’s media availability has been postponed,” the league said. An NBA Cares event that was to benefit Special Olympics was called off, as was a “fan night” celebration which was to be highlighted by the league announcing plans to refurbish some outdoor courts in Shanghai. And workers in multiple spots around the city were tearing down large outdoor promotional advertisements for Thursday’s Lakers-Nets game. The teams are also supposed to play Saturday in Shenzhen. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Tuesday in Tokyo that he supports Morey’s right to free speech. Several Chinese companies have suspended their partnership with the NBA in recent days, and Chinese… Read full this story
- The Lakers’ media guide cover is a cool mosaic of Kobe Bryant’s career
- Bryant to be part of NBA Finals Game 3 livestream to China
- Lakers return from China, beat Jazz 108-94
- NBA in expanded digital partnership with China’s Tencent
- An NBA first: No Lakers, Celtics and Knicks in playoffs
- Practice?! Practice?! LeBron, Wade have some fun during media session
- Vern Mikkelsen, four-time NBA champion with Lakers, dies at 85
- Why did Stanford OC wear Google Glass to Rose Bowl media session?
- Spurrier smooth as ever as he arrives at media session
- Podcast: Robert Nkemdiche bombed his NFL Combine media session
NBA postpones Nets-Lakers media sessions in China amid rift have 315 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.