PARIS: Six months after the massive fire that almost razed Paris ‘ Notre-Dame, the restoration work at the iconic cathedral has not started in earnest and the official reopening date is yet to be determined, officials said on Tuesday. “We’re still in the first phase, the phase of securing (the monument’s structure) which is lasting longer than initially planned,” Monsignor Patrick Chauvet, the top administrative cleric of Notre-Dame, said on Tuesday. “Then there will be the second phase, dedicated to assessing the situation, we will work out how much the restoration will cost. The third phase, which will start in 2021, will be the restoration phase itself,” Chauvet told a news conference. The April 15 fire caused the roof and spire of the Gothic landmark to collapse although the main bell towers and the outer walls were saved by firefighters, as well as religious relics and priceless artwork. An official cause of the blaze has yet to be determined. When the fire broke out, maintenance work was under way on the cathedral’s spire and scaffolding had been erected. The metal scaffolding poles melted in the fire. Part of the reason for the delay, officials said, was that the deformed poles… Read full this story
- In Defense Of Notre Dame
- #1 Notre Dame Fighting Irish Preview
- Notre Dame Squeaks By Yellow Jackets
- Vacant Houses (Donkeyland-1959) and (Notre Dame-de Paris)
- Notre Dame Open House on Sun, Oct 20, from 11 - 1:00 pm
- Penn State/Notre Dame Saturday Showdown
- New Restorer's Decision Making Guide to How to Restore Your Foreskin
- Step by Step Foreskin Restoration Guide Using T-Tape Method - For Those New To Foreskin Restoration
- Medical Hair Restoration Treatment before the Surgical Hair Restoration
- What is Credit Restoration and Why Should I Have It Done?
Notre-Dame restoration yet to start six months after the blaze have 295 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.