In what will be the first NRL game played in PNG, Cronulla and Canterbury will warm-up for their season with a trial in Port Moresby on February 22. The contest will be the first of a three-year program, supported by the Australian government, that will bring trial games to Pacific nations. Stream the 2019 Oceania Cup Live & On-Demand on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14 day free trial and start streaming instantly > “This is an exciting and valuable step for the game,” NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said in a statement. “We know so many of our players were born in Pacific nations and are idolised in nations like Papua New Guinea who have a genuine passion for rugby league.” The announcement comes after Prime Minister Scott Morrison ran the water for the traditional PM’s XIII team against PNG earlier this month. MORE NRL NEWS NO DEAL: Manly gamble on Trbojevic loyalty with rivals ready to pounce OUTCAST TO KANGAROOS LEADER: How Cherry made it back to the top EXILE FILES: Bulldogs told hands off pair; no takers as Merrin heads back to UK BURNING QUESTIONS: Revenge, likely blowout and a unique treble TEST MATCH TEAMS: Every team, every… Read full this story
- Iowa has some of the nation's worst puppy mills. But the federal government is hiding their identities.
- RESTRUCTURING: Nigeria’s National Assembly moves to shed Federal Government’s powers
- Federal government approved flawed NSW environment policy
- After Four Years Of Modi Mark Governance 57% Of Citizens With Performance
- PM urges provinces to emulate high standard of education of federal government
- United States Embassy to host Media Literacy Interactive Program for World Press Freedom Day
- The bad, the good and the none: A look at memorable Oscar hosts through the years
- Spokane’s National Teacher of the Year meets with President Trump, brings letters from her immigrant, refugee students
- The National Teacher of the Year Turned Her Ceremony With Trump Into a Protest
- Semi Radradra named in Fiji's Pacific Nations Cup side
Pacific nations to host NRL trials as part of three-year program supported by Federal government have 336 words, post on www.news.com.au at October 25, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.