The dust has barely settled on the frenzied excitement of the ICC World Cup that the sporting circuit is back with yet another extravaganza: The Rugby World CupSouthern comfort. The biggest upset of the World Cup didn’t take long in coming. On just the sixth day, Uruguay — playing its first World Cup since 2003 — upset Fiji. Barely 12 months ago, the same opponents had met and the Fijians had won 68-7. To hell and back Kamaishi was almost wiped off the map by the 2011 tsunami. Over 1,000 people lost their lives here. Today, however, it’s back on the map for an entirely different reason. The rugby-mad Japanese town is one of the 12 hosts chosen for the World Cup. Stallions on a roll The surprise package of the Rugby World Cup so far has been Italy. The unfancied Italians, placed in the ‘Group of Death’, won their opening two matches, against Namibia and Canada. A win over New Zealand or South Africa would put them in pole position to make the quarter-finals for the first time ever. Japanese hospitality to the fore The Japanese concept of ‘Omotenashi’, which refers to the attention to detail paid to ensure… Read full this story
- Rugby World Cup: What next for Japan's Brave Blossoms?
- Rugby World Cup: South Africa Edges Wales to Reach Final
- Watching the Rugby World Cup and getting a tattoo
- What's it like visiting Japan for the Rugby World Cup?
- RugbyX: 'Rock-and-roll' five-a-side rugby seeking to capitalize on Rugby World Cup success
- Little guys play big part at Rugby World Cup
- Japan vs South Africa live stream, TV channel, radio coverage for Rugby World Cup match
- Eddie Jones claims England was spied on ahead of Rugby World Cup clash against New Zealand
- It’s North Versus South (Hemispheres) in the Rugby World Cup
- 'It’s in the DNA': New Zealand feels strain ahead of All Blacks opener in Rugby World Cup
Rugby World Cup: Surprise package Italy, Japan's Kamaishi one of the 12 hosts, and other facts have 323 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.