Business TikTok will bring in an external group comprising former U.S. congressmen to review and advise on its content moderation policies including on child safety, misinformation and hate speech, the popular Chinese-owned video app said on Tuesday. 16 Oct 2019 12:50AM Bookmark REUTERS: TikTok will bring in an external group comprising former U.S. congressmen to review and advise on its content moderation policies including on child safety, misinformation and hate speech, the popular Chinese-owned video app said on Tuesday.The group, K&L Gates, will work with TikTok’s internal U.S. management team, the company said. The group includes former congressmen Bart Gordon and Jeff Denham. (http://bit.ly/2BcXyPL)TikTok said the move will increase transparency around content moderation policies and its practices to protect users.Created by Beijing Bytedance Technology Co, TikTok allows users to create and share short videos with special effects, and is hugely popular in Southeast Asia, including India.But similar to other social media companies like Facebook and Twitter, the video app too has faced the ire of regulators related to content moderation on its platform.Facebook, the world’s largest social network, is in the process of setting up an external oversight board to function as an independent court of appeals on content decisions… Read full this story
- Big Tech antitrust review: Tough policy or publicity stunt?
- Seattle may speed up environmental reviews for policies and projects like upzones and bike paths
- UK Parliament reviews advertising policy after claims advert spotted on Breitbart
- TikTok Parent ByteDance to Set Up Data Centre in India
- YouTube Discriminates Against LGBT Content by Unfairly Culling It, Suit Alleges
- Tech Firms Struggle to Police Content While Avoiding Bias
- First Drive Review: Honda Jazz and HR-V
- Nikon Z7 Review: A Worthy Mirrorless Contender, But Not a Sony Killer
- Kia Rio 1.2 Review
- Honda HR-V 1.6-litre i-DTEC Diesel Review
TikTok brings in ex-US congressmen to review content policies have 314 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.