REUTERS: TikTok will bring in an external group comprising former U.S. congressmen to review and advise on its content moderation policies including on child safety, misinformation and hate speech, the popular Chinese-owned video app said on Tuesday.
The group, K&L Gates, will work with TikTok’s internal U.S. management team, the company said. The group includes former congressmen Bart Gordon and Jeff Denham. (http://bit.ly/2BcXyPL)
TikTok said the move will increase transparency around content moderation policies and its practices to protect users.
Created by Beijing Bytedance Technology Co, TikTok allows users to create and share short videos with special effects, and is hugely popular in Southeast Asia, including India.
But similar to other social media companies like Facebook and Twitter, the video app too has faced the ire of regulators related to content moderation on its platform.
Facebook, the world’s largest social network, is in the process of setting up an external oversight board to function as an independent court of appeals on content decisions from its moderators.
(Reporting by Akanksha Rana in Bengaluru; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Bring Ex-Lover Back - Tips To Bring Your Ex Lover Back Now
- IT Policies Help IT Staff and Reduce Liabilities
- The Magic of Making Up - Can the Magic Really Get My Ex Back?
- Duplicate Content - Explaining Google's Rules
- Stolen the Video Game Review for the Playstation 2 (PS2), XBox, and Nintendo Gamecube
- Lauryn Hill "Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill" R & B Music CD Review
- Getting The Cheapest Online Contents Insurance Quotes
- The Affiliate Allstar - An Honest Review
- Lucky Number Slevin Movie Review
- What's Eating Gilbert Grape Movie Review