MINNEAPOLIS: An angry, energized President Donald Trump whipped supporters into a frenzy Thursday at a Minneapolis campaign rally where he predicted a 2020 election “backlash” against Democratic attempts to impeach him. Democrats are investigating Trump for possible impeachment over his alleged bid to pressure Ukraine into digging up dirt on election rival Joe Biden, who currently sits near the top of the Democratic pack. But to roaring cheers and boos from the full-capacity crowd in a basketball arena, Trump put two difficult weeks behind him. In a speech lasting one hour and 40 minutes, he bathed in supporters’ adulation, hitting all his favorite talking points with a trademark mix of jokes, insults and populist exaggeration. He said Democrats are only trying to impeach him because they’re “getting desperate”. “They want to erase your vote like it never existed, they want to erase your voice and they want to erase your future, but they will fail because in America, the people rule again.” “The insane impeachment witch hunt” will fail, the Republican told the sea of campaign-branded red shirts and hats. And in 2020 this will “produce a backlash at the ballot box the likes of which they have never ever… Read full this story
- Post-Election Backlash Spurs Fake News Crackdown
- Cory Booker: White Dems Never Asked if America’s ‘Ready for Another White President’
- Kellyanne Conway calls Democrats' bluff on impeachment, claims 'they don't have the votes'
- Cartoon President Trump gets his own TV show, thanks to Stephen Colbert, Showtime
- Trump's Plan to Make Government IT Great
- Book 'Fire and Fury' that claims Trump 'seduces friends' wives'
- OPINION The Lack of Strategic Thinking in Election 2016
- Trump meets tech industry leaders, with one notable absence
- OPINION The Emperor Is Naked and We're All Idiots
- Are We Ready for E-Voting?
Trump promises 2020 election ‘backlash’ against impeachment have 301 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.