The alleged attacker of Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Wiranto was reportedly under surveillance for months before Thursday’s assault, according to the National Intelligence Agency (BIN).BIN director Budi Gunawan told the media on Thursday afternoon that the suspect, Syahrial Alamsyah alias Abu Rara, and his wife Fitri Andriana were affiliated with the Islamic State-linked homegrown militant group Jamaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD).“We knew that Abu Rara was from the JAD cell in Kediri [in East Java], and we had detected his move to Bogor [in West Java]; and later, because of his divorce from his first wife, he moved to Menes [in Pandeglang],” Budi told reporters after visiting Wiranto at the Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) in Central Jakarta, where the minister was being treated for stab wounds sustained in the attack. Budi said a JAD member, Abu Syamsuddin, had supported Syahrial in Menes.In a separate interview also at the RSPAD, Budi alleged that Syahrial was connected to five people arrested in Bekasi last month. Police reportedly confiscated bomb materials from the suspects.“In particular, we monitored the perpetrator three months ago [as he] moved from Kediri to Bogor and then to Menes,” he reiterated his statement as quoted by… Read full this story
- ‘The Finish’: Mark Bowden on the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden
- US Missile Defence Agency Pushes Ahead With Long-Range Radar in Alaska
- Raytheon to Upgrade Super-Hornet, Growler Radars for US, Australia
- South Korea, US to Conceal THAAD Radar Data With Japan
- The Jakarta Terror Attack: All You Need to Know
- Who's afraid of artificial intelligence in China?
- After Paris, U.K. Should Assist Belgium in Preventing Future Attacks: Official
- Humans With Amplified Intelligence Could Be More Powerful Than AI
- Paris Attacks: CCTV Images Released of Fugitive Salah Abdeslam
- Two US Soldiers Killed in 'Insider' Attack in Afghanistan, Gunman Detained
Wiranto attacker was on intelligence radar for IS-links: BIN have 312 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.