Video PlayerClose TRIPOLI, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) — A total of 39 illegal immigrants were arrested in the western Libyan city of Zuwara on Thursday, the city’s security department said. “After receiving information about a site in eastern Zuwara suspected to be used to gather illegal immigrants, a patrol was immediately assigned to the scene. Upon arrival, 39 illegal immigrants of Bangladeshi nationality were found,” the department said in a statement on late Thursday. The arrested immigrants were transferred to a shelter, the statement said. Thousands of illegal immigrants choose to cross the Mediterranean Sea towards Europe from Libya although the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has repeatedly stressed that Libya is not a safe port due to its deteriorating security conditions. The country has been mired in chaos and insecurity since the 2011 uprising that toppled late leader Muammar Gaddafi.
- Illegal immigrant arrested over fake US bank notes
- The Trump administration is decrying a ‘surge’ of illegal immigration — even though border-crossing arrests are at historic lows
- Immigration arrests 17, including 10 foreign women, in Ipoh massage parlour
- Malaysia's immigration department pledges to rid country of illegal immigrants
- 141 illegal immigrants deported voluntarily from Libya to Nigeria: report
- Trump keeps saying there’s an ‘illegal immigration crisis’ at the border — but that’s not what the numbers show
- Immigration arrests 3 more foreigners with fraudulent documents
- Malaysia pledges to further intensify operations against illegal immigrants
- Shocking photo shows mass trial where 37 accused illegal immigrants are being processed at once
- Trump tweets he wants to deport illegal immigrants ‘with no Judges or Court Cases’ — a move that would violate due process
39 illegal immigrants arrested in western Libya have 266 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.