Mark MilleyMainstream America wonders why the United States has troops in South Korea and Japan and why wealthy allies can’t pay for their own defense, said Mark Milley, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), ahead of a trip to Japan and South Korea Monday.His remarks came as Washington is pressuring Seoul to pay more for the upkeep of U.S. troops on South Korean soil in negotiations to renew a defense cost-sharing pact and also ahead of the expiration next week of an intelligence-sharing pact between South Korea and Japan.Ahead of his first overseas trip as JCS chief Monday, Milley told reporters on a U.S. military aircraft en route to Japan that there are “main street” questions in America on the stationing of U.S. troops and that it is “incumbent” on the Pentagon to “adequately explain how the U.S. military is a stabilizing force in Northeast Asia in preventing and deterring the outbreak of armed conflict.”Milley, according to a Pentagon release, noted that the “average American” looks at U.S. troops in South Korea and Japan and asks fundamental questions such as: “Why are they needed there? How much does it cost? These are very rich and wealthy countries,… Read full this story
- What every American needs to know about White supremacy
- Trump's COVID-19 briefing was 'exactly what Americans needed to hear,' Dr. Saphier says
- Troops Spotted Heading into D.C.
- ‘Americans need help’: GOP rolls out $1 tn stimulus to start talks with Democrats
- Gran needed seven staples in head after falling from water slide at Center Parcs
- Pelosi: Americans Need to Know Why AG Barr Sent ‘Stormtroopers’ to Our Streets
- Black conservative journalist stabbed in Portland says Americans 'need to wake up,' 'start exposing Antifa'
- Why the next 100 days may be the most consequential in American history
- The Last Great American Hideaway: A Brief History of Taylor Swift’s Rhode Island Feud
- AT HALF: Yedlin heads home equalizer for Newcastle
Americans need justification for troops: JCS head have 338 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 13, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.