It was around 4 pm on November 1. A group of forest officials and wildlife experts were huddled around a screen, looking intently at feed from a camera mounted on a drone hovering above the Satabari reserve forest in Assam’s Goalpara district. The camera was searching for a lone rogue elephant that had killed five people in the area three days previously. A speck of grey appeared amid the lush green of the forest. And Sunny Deo Singh, divisional forest officer of Cachar forest division who was operating the drone, zoomed in on it. “As the drone dropped to a height of 30 metres from the ground, the grey spot turned out to be the elephant — a 9-foot, 8-inch-tall male weighing around 4 tonnes that had gone on the rampage in the area,” Akash Deep Baruah, chief conservator of forests, Lower Assam Zone, told The Sunday Express. “By corroborating the accounts by eyewitnesses and our field staff, and mapping the location of the elephant, it was found close to where it had killed the fifth person — we confirmed that this was indeed the elephant in question.” Advertising Baruah had arrived in the area on October 30 to head… Read full this story
- 7 Things I Appreciate About America After 10 Days in Brazil
- Rap Genius Back In Google After 10 Day Penalty, Ranks For Its Name But What About Lyrics?
- Google Search Console Coverage Report Suffering 10-Day Delay
- Mormon President Tells Women to Take 10-Day Social Media “Fast”
- Ghosn Back in Jail, Tokyo Court Approves 10-day Detention
- July Weather Next 10 Days; Includes A Midweek Scorcher
- Kaepernick’s Attorney Believes the Quarterback Could Be Signed ‘in the Next 10 Days’
- 22-Year-Old Broke, Homeless 10 Days After Taking Control Of Own Finances
- Trump’s Tall Tales, Lies and Exaggerations in His 1st 10 Days as President Debunked
- Cabrini-Green Families Get 10 Days to Leave
Assam: Drones and an MLA’s expertise in 10-day quest to capture ‘killer’ elephant have 307 words, post on indianexpress.com at November 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.