Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) chairman Subhash Phal Dessai said the short film depicting contribution of Parrikar would be screened at the inaugural ceremony of the IFFI on November 20.
10 Days. 240 Hours. 14400 Minutes. ⌚The Clock’s Ticking fast to the Grand Opening of #IFFI2019 Book your tickets a… https://t.co/dXsCgFCO0E
— IFFI 2019 (@IFFIGoa) 1573373504000
“Manohar Parrikar was instrumental in getting the IFFI in Goa in 2004. Also, it was during his tenure as defence minister in 2014 that Goa got the status of permanent festival venue,” he said.
Parrikar died on March 17 this year due to a pancreatic ailment.
Celebs Who’ve Fought Serious Illnesses And Inspired Us To Stay Strong
Wiser & Stronger
If you felt like tearing up after having seen Sonali Bendre’s Instagram post on Tuesday where she quotes Chilean author Isabel Allende on staying strong, and chops off her tresses, you are not alone. Many, including her compatriots from the industry and well-wishers, have been feeling emotional and wished her a speedy recovery. But the 44-year-old actress is not the only one who has managed to stay strong in the face of adversity. Over the past decade, a few others have shown amazing courage and grace while battling medical conditions in real life, and proving to be a source of source of inspiration for their fans. From Salman Khan to Yuvraj Singh, and Irrfan Khan, we stay inspired by some extraordinary stories of hope and strength.
- Swachhta Tax: Now, pay for photo, video in Manohar Parrikar's village
- Keanu Reeves looks unrecognisable on the set of Bill and Ted 3 – thirty years after filming the first movie
- Don’t give info, cover will be blown, former head of Army covert unit writes to Manohar Parrikar
- Walter Hill pays tribute to Philip French
- Lynda Myles pays tribute to Philip French
- Nicolas Roeg pays tribute to Philip French
- Martin Scorsese pays tribute to Philip French
- David Hare pays tribute to Philip French
- John Boorman pays tribute to Philip French
- Danny Boyle pays tribute to Philip French