Two trains have collided near Leeds with ensuing delays causing chaos for commuters. Both of the trains were empty of passengers when one crashed into the other in a siding at a depot near Leeds station last night. One of the trains involved is one of London North Eastern Railway’s new Hitachi Azumas, which were unveiled to great fanfair in May this year. Witnesses say the other train is an older 43300-class high speed inter-city-type train. A new Azuma train has crashed into another at a depot near Leeds. Both trains were empty of passengers at the time and no one is reported injured The smash has caused one of the Azuma’s carriages to derail, causing a lengthy and expensive clear-up operation The clear-up operation is expected to impact services between the Yorkshire city and London throughout today. A number of services in both directions between London King’s Cross and Leeds have been cancelled, while others started at Doncaster. Some services planned from Lincoln have meanwhile started at Newark. Operator LNER said in a statement: ‘There has been a low speed derailment of an empty passenger train within the depot near Leeds. No one has been injured in this incident.’ RELATED… Read full this story
- New Fuxing bullet train runs on Beijing-Shanghai line for first time
- 'Bullet train project will be the Bible for future ventures'
- Bullet train, electric vehicles reality soon
- Britain's most EXPENSIVE car park! Drone captures row upon row of brand new Bentleys outside factory - with vast fleet valued at eye-watering £63 MILLION
- Human Ken Doll Rodrigo Alves reveals brand new set of sparkling white veneers as he undergoes his latest cosmetic procedure
- Freiburg and the brand new $85 million soccer stadium that won't be allowed to host games at night
- 'Getting so close!' Rebecca Judd shows off her brand new tennis court as renovations on $7.3million Melbourne mansion near completion
- Sheffield-Rotherham tram-train crashes after being hit by lorry
- In a first, landless tribal tillers may get payout for bullet train project
- Train crashes into taxi in Quang Ngai, killing two
Brand new Azuma bullet train crashes into the back of another engine in a low-speed crash causing chaos for commuters in Yorkshire have 350 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.