YANGON, Nov. 22 (Xinhua) — A China Agritech and Engineering Machinery Brand Show kicked off in Myanmar’s Yangon Friday.
Sponsored by the China’s Ministry of Commerce, the three-day show will last until Sunday.
The show occupies 3,000 square meters’ space with 76 booths displaying products of companies from Shandong, Yunnan, Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces.
The show is attached with agriculture-related forum.
Speaking at the opening of the show, Zhang Jing from Foreign Trade Development Bureau of the Chinese Ministry of Commerce, noted that China’s cooperation with Myanmar in building “Belt and Road” and economic corridor in recent years was in steady progress.
China is not only Myanmar’s largest investor but also a top trading partner representing the biggest export market, she said, placing emphasis on agricultural cooperation with Myanmar.
The China Agritech and Engineering Machinery Brand Show is aimed at enhancing agricultural implements cooperation between the two countries.
Yangon Region Minister of Agriculture, Livestock and Energy U Han Tun said the show will benefit farmers as they are seeking mechanized farming to push rice production.
- Pre-orders for China Mobile's fiirst branded Apple iPhone to start on Thursday?
- China accelerating into the future with electric cars
- Lenovo to beat Samsung to become China's most popular smartphone brand in 2013
- Is LG pulling out of China's smartphone market?
- Taiwan Foreign Minister: China Stepping Up Military Exercises Around Taiwan
- Steven Mosher: ‘The Swamp Is Going Crazy Over This Idea We’re in a Trade War With China’
- Better, Faster, Stronger: How Prince Engineered the Phantom
- At least 15 killed in rebel attacks against Myanmar’s military
- Myanmar official meets Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh camp
- The muscle of machinery: How to better control robotic movements