New Delhi: A crucial meeting of a parliamentary standing committee to discuss the rising levels of air pollution in Delhi was skipped by top parliamentarians, including Gautam Gambhir, and other officials. Due to the officials failed to turn up, the meeting had to be cancelled at the last minute. Apart from Gambhir, the commissioners of all three Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), Vice-Chairman of DDA and Secretary/Joint Secretary of Environment remained absent. Only four out of the over 30 invitees were reportedly present in the meeting, among there were officials from deputy secretary level, who arrived on behalf of the Ministry of Environment, and junior officers from Delhi Development Authority (DDA). The meeting was scheduled for Friday morning as the national capital is facing severe air pollution. A similar condition prevails in Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram and Noida too. The objective of the meeting was to discuss rising air pollution in Delhi-NCR and measure to tackle it. On giving the high-level meeting a miss, Commissioner of North Delhi Municipal Corporation Varsha Joshi told news agency IANS that she is in Lucknow to attend another meeting and therefore, she could not be there. Live TV “The Urban Mobility Conference is organised by… Read full this story
- Reykjavik Bus Service To Be Free On High Air Pollution Days
- Residents in new London housing development will be told to keep windows shut because of air pollution threat
- London introduces Ultra Low Emission Zone to cut air pollution
- Measures to reduce air pollution 'could make heatwaves worse'
- High air pollution alert issued in London
- High air pollution alert issued for London, Scotland and Yorkshire
- Air pollution a bigger killer than smoking, scientists find
- ‘Dangerously high’ levels of air pollution found in NI
- ‘Dangerously high’ levels of air pollution found in Northern Ireland
- Air pollution warning issued for Northern Ireland
Crucial meet on Delhi air pollution cancelled after Gautam Gambhir, other top officials remain absent have 309 words, post on zeenews.india.com at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.