From left, Korean Defense Minister Jeong Kyeong-doo, U.S. Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and Japanese Defense Minister Taro Kono take a commemorative photo before their trilateral meeting in Bangkok Sunday on the sidelines of the Asean Defense Ministers’ Meeting-Plus. Jeong and Kono earlier held bilateral talks. [YONHAP]The defense ministers of Korea and Japan held a bilateral meeting Sunday in Thailand to discuss their endangered intelligence-sharing pact, the first such one-on-one talks since Seoul announced it would withdraw from the agreement last August. Neither Korean National Defense Minister Jeong Kyeong-doo nor Japanese Defense Minister Taro Kono, however, compromised on the issue of the General Security of Military Information Agreement (Gsomia).Jeong’s meeting with Kono was held in Bangkok on the sidelines of the Asean Defense Ministers’ Meeting-Plus, a gathering of defense ministers representing Asean and other countries. The meeting lasted for about 40 minutes from 10:05 a.m. on Sunday at the Avani Riverside Bangkok Hotel in the Thai capital.“On the Gsomia issue, our talks were on the theoretical level,” Jeong told a press conference following the meeting. “I told [Kono] to make efforts so that [the issue] can be resolved well diplomatically, since there are many things to be resolved diplomatically rather… Read full this story
- PSNI chief's 'deep regret' at no Omagh Bombing convictions
- US 2019 Defense Spending Bill Focuses on Countering Russia, China
- France Calls On EU To Not Rely On U.S. Defense, Reach Out To Russia
- Nagy: Comparing Bears' Trubisky to Chiefs' Mahomes not fair
- DOA chief shines light on budgets, revenue shortfalls, spending
- Anti-Iran cranks over at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies
- Jason Garrett’s Cowboys suddenly are having trouble
- Don’t Be Fooled. Chief Justice John Roberts Is as Partisan as They Come.
- Rams, Chiefs hit the road to risk unbeaten NFL starts
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by CEFIC: Italy’s populists still popular — Germany guns for Juncker’s job — Trump unraveling
Defense chiefs make no progress have 325 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.