On a day when two internationally acclaimed films La Llorona (The Weeping Woman) and Nabarvene Ptace (The Painted Bird) won the best film and best director awards at the international competition at the 25th Kolkata International Film Festival, Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan expressed concern over the future of cinema in the age of digital streaming platforms.“Digital platforms like Netflix and Amazon are revolutionising the way we watch films and several other streaming services are now available in India. So what happens next?” Mr. Bachchan said in a video message that was played at the concluding ceremony of the KIFF in the city. Mr. Bachchan, who has been attending the KIFF over the past few years, could not attend the inauguration owing to health issues.“Can classics like Gone with the Wind or Mughal-e-Azam be watched on the small screen with the same excitement that had originally made them blockbusters? Can the magic of Satyajit Ray’s trilogy or his classic Jalsaghar be captured with the same amount of sensitivity on a small laptop or on a mobile phone?” he asked.At the concluding part of his video message, which ran for over 20 minutes, Mr. Bachchan said he remained “a loyalist” to the… Read full this story
- Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan offer a glimpse of their camaraderie
- This token of appreciation from Dilip Kumar adorns the walls of Amitabh Bachchan’s study
- Taapsee Pannu reveals her favourite co-star from Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan
- Jackie Shroff: I knew I had become famous when Amitabh Bachchan's kids sought autograph
- Amitabh Bachchan: Sharing thoughts with young crew is awesome
- This is what Amitabh Bachchan has to say about his ‘Brahmastra’ co-star, Ranbir Kapoor
- Sujoy Ghosh is thrilled with the success of Amitabh Bachchan & Taapsee Pannu-starrer ‘Badla’
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Twitter account hacked!
- Rishi Kapoor: To have Amitabh Bachchan as a co-star is always a dream
- Amitabh Bachchan supports Maharashtra farmers and martyred soldiers
For Amitabh Bachchan, it’s big screen over Netflix, Amazon have 329 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.