Video PlayerClose TEHRAN, Nov. 28 (Xinhua) — The Iranian Foreign Ministry said on Thursday that the latest remarks by the French foreign minister about the Iranian nuclear deal are “irresponsible” and “nonconstructive”. Jean-Yves Le Drian’s remarks severely hurt the efficiency of the deal endorsed by the UN Security Council, said Abbas Mousavi, the ministry’s spokesman, in a statement. A day earlier, Le Drian said France is considering triggering a mechanism within the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) that could lead to UN sanctions against Iran given Tehran’s repeated “breach” of parts of the 2015 accord. The 2015 Iranian nuclear deal is formally known as JCPOA. The mechanism involves a party referring a dispute to a Joint Commission consisting of Iran, Russia, China, France, Britain, Germany and the European Union, before going to the UN Security Council if the commission cannot resolve it. If the UN Security Council does not vote within 30 days to continue sanctions relief, sanctions under previous UN resolutions would be reimposed. Following the U.S. unilateral move to pull Washington out of the JCPOA in May 20018, plus Europe’s sluggishness in facilitating Iran’s banking transactions and its oil exports, Iran was prompted to renege step by… Read full this story
- Varadkar warns it's up to UK to say how to avoid no-deal scenario
- ‘Marxist’ Corbyn ‘extremely dangerous’, says minister as Government seeks deal
- Iran urges concrete action from EU on landmark nuke deal
- G7 talks “constructive”, but divergence on Iran, Israeli-Palestinian dispute remains: French FM
- End to nuke deal may start ‘era worse than Cold War’: Expert
- There’s more to being a radio DJ than cheesy jokes, says Wave FM presenter
- 'Good Riddance': Netanyahu Takes Parting Shot at Iran's Departing FM Zarif
- Iran president keeps FM Zarif in post
- Iran says British Hezbollah ban 'irresponsible'
- Iran president rejects FM Zarif's resignation
Iran says French FM's remarks on nuke deal "irresponsible," "nonconstructive" have 310 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 28, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.