DUBAI (Reuters) – A pro-government rally in Tehran on Monday will show the world who “real” Iranians are, Iran’s Foreign Ministry said, expressing surprise at foreign statements of support for a wave of protests against the authorities over a fuel price rise. FILE PHOTO: Destroyed petrol pumps are pictured at a gas station, after protests against increased fuel prices, in Tehran, Iran November 20, 2019. Nazanin Tabatabaee/WANA (West Asia News Agency) via REUTERS/File Photo The protests grew into anti-government unrest that saw at least 100 banks and dozens of buildings torched in the worst violence at least since Iran put down a “Green Revolution” in 2009, when dozens were killed over several months. Iran has blamed “thugs” linked to exiles and foreign foes – the United States, Israel and Saudi Arabia – for stirring up the street unrest. After days of state-sponsored marches in dozens of cities to condemn the unrest, Iran is holding a pro-government rally in the capital to be addressed by the commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards, which helped quell the unrest. “I recommend they (foreign countries) look at the marches today, to see who the real people in Iran are and what they are saying,”… Read full this story
- Patriot Prayer supporter killed in Portland cancelled his 40th birthday plans to instead go to the pro-Trump rally with his friends and was 'gunned down just before he got home'
- Novichok nerve agent used in Alexey Navalny poisoning, says German government
- Iran says to fight U.S. suit to seize $1.7 billion held by Deutsche Boerse unit
- Somehow, More Pro-Trump Rally Chaos Is Coming for Portland
- Thousands protest against pro-Serb rallies in Montenegro
- Reports Of Shots Fired Near Pro-Trump Rally In Woodland Hills
- Reports Of Shots Fired At Participants In Pro-Trump Rally In Woodland Hills
- Police: Shooting at Pro-Trump Rally Becomes Standoff in Los Angeles
- Israel clears protest camp ahead of pro-Netanyahu rally
- Skidmore College Students Demand Termination of Profs That Attended Pro-Police Rally
Iran says pro-government rally to show the 'real' Iranians have 326 words, post on www.reuters.com at November 25, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.