Actor and climate-activist Leonardo DiCaprio has once again turned his attention to climate conditions in India. This time the focus being the dismal air quality in the country’s capital of Delhi. In an Instagram post, the 45-year-old star shared pictures from a protest organised earlier this month at India Gate to demand government action against the declining air quality in the city. Originally posted by the Instagram account Extinction Rebellion, the Oscar winner reshared the news, saying, “According to the World Health Organisation, air pollution in India is estimated to kill about 1.5 million people every year; these statistics make air pollution the fifth-largest killer in India.” He also highlighted the involvement of people from all age groups in the demonstration, which then ‘succeeded in directly triggering action’. Listing the action taken as a result of the protest, DiCaprio wrote, “1. The Indian Prime Ministers office set up a special panel to address the issue, within a few hours of the protest. The panel is due to report on the issue within 2 weeks. 2. The Supreme Court of India asked the Central Government and respective state governments to fix the crop and waste burning issue of Delhi within a… Read full this story
- Paul Rudd reveals he encouraged Leonardo DiCaprio to star in the blockbuster film Titanic after working together on Romeo + Juliet
- Breathe easy: Aspirin may reduce adverse effects of air pollution on lungs
- IIT Kharagpur graduate develops device to curb air pollution
- Little progress made in tackling air pollution in Europe, research says
- Air pollution caused 400,000 premature European deaths, says EU health agency
- Air Pollution and the Environment
- What is an Air Pollution Control System?
- Knocking Out Indoor Air Pollution
- Children and Indoor Air Pollution
- What to Say to Her After Sex - Killer Lines to Tell Your Woman After Making Love to Her
Leonardo DiCaprio posts about Delhi's #RightToBreathe protest; says 'air pollution the 5th-largest killer in India' have 308 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.