New Delhi: NITI Aayog has proposed structural reforms in the health sector with focus on four key areas — health system risk pool financing, health services, organisation, and digital health care — in its report “Health System for a New India: Building Blocks – Potential Pathways to Reform”, according to government documents and people familiar with the matter.The report is scheduled to be released on Monday by NITI Aayog vice-chairman Rajiv Kumar and Bill Gates, co-chairman of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The government think-tank has drafted a 15-year plan with the aim of transforming the health sector.“A three-year action agenda and a seven-year strategy have already been prepared by NITI Aayog. We are now engaging in developing a 15-year vision document for the nation’s development… This book is an attempt to bring together all the valuable findings of the studies, including supporting data from this analysis. With regards to financing, the book talks of improving financial risk protection and reforming fiscal transfers. For better provisioning of health care services, strengthening primary care, accelerating human resource development, implementing digital information systems, and improving access to quality medicines are some of the suggested areas of focus,” Niti… Read full this story
- NBA prospect Darius Bazley signs $1M internship with New Balance, per report
- Health Care Reform Bills Contain $10 Billion UAW Health Care “Contribution”
- Big Three Health Care Co-op Could Change How You Buy a Car, Get Surgery
- VEBA Shortfalls And Rising Health Care Costs: A Recipe For Disaster
- UAW Health Care VEBA: A Cautionary Tale
- UAW Health Care Fund Would Fund UAW Health Care Fund
- NYT Bemoans GM Retiree Health Care Cuts and Says Squat About CEO’s Millions
- GM “Accelerates” $50m Payment to Delphi; Delphi Cuts Health Care
- Ford Completes $13.2b Health Care Liability Transfer To VEBA
- Union-controlled Health Care VEBA a License to Steal?
NITI pitches key reforms in new health care report have 310 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.