BERLIN, Nov. 18 (Xinhua) — Germany’s bobsleigh team head coach Rene Spies has nominated his team for the 2019/20 IBSF World Cup, the German national bobsleigh federation announced on Monday.
Olympic and world champions Mariama Jamanka and Francesco Friedrich and their push athletes were already seeded for the World Cup team. In the 2-woman bobsleigh, Jamanka, world championships runner-up Stephanie Schneider and U23 world champion Kim Kalicki will compete in the first two World Cup races in Lake Placid, USA.
The youth Olympic champion (2016) and freshly crowned German champion Laura Nolte will start the season in IBSF Europe Cup, but will compete in the World Cup and the IBSF world championships in Altenberg, Germany from February 17 to March 1, 2020.
Friedrich, European 4-man bobsleigh champion Johannes Lochner and German 4-man bobsleigh champion Christoph Hafer will compete in the men’s events in Lake Placid.
Shortly before the end of the year, there will be a new line-up selection for the world championship track, according to the BSD. The World Cup starters from Lake Placid, the injured world championships bronze medallist Lochner, and junior world champion Richard Oelsner will again compete for their starting places for the second part of the World Cup season.
Kalicki and Schneider will also compete for the third German World Cup spot.
- With the home team out, here are 10 World Cup teams worth cheering
- Neymar Headlines Brazil's World Cup Team
- England football fans asked to pick slogan for the side of World Cup team bus
- World Cup teams making push for U.S. hearts, minds and money
- Neymar Headlines Brazil's World Cup Team, Danilo Replaces Injured Dani Alves
- Getting to know Colombia’s World Cup team, part 3: Impatiently waiting
- Iceland's World Cup Team Has Some Surprises
- Nine overseas players strengthen SVG’s women’s World Cup team
- Preliminary squads named for FIFA World Cup
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho believes Cristiano Ronaldo's presence means Portugal can win World Cup