MANILA, Philippines — Vice President Leni Robredo and Senator Panfilo Lacson are set to meet to discuss how they could help the government fight illegal drugs.
Lacson earlier expressed his readiness to share his experience on law enforcement with Robredo after she accepted Wednesday the challenge to lead the government's war on drugs.
President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed Robredo as co-chairperson of the Inter-Agency Committee on Anti-Illegal Drugs (ICAD) following her criticisms that the drug war was not working.
So when asked on Thursday if the Vice President had already expressed interest to listen to his suggestions, the senator said: "Yes. We are fixing our schedule to sit down."
"I am grateful and humbled by her gesture. More than that, it shows her sincerity and seriousness in tackling her new task," added Lacson, who headed the Philippine National Police during the time of former President Joseph Estrada.
Lacson was among the senators who lauded Robredo for accepting the anti-drug post.
"Kudos to Vice President Robredo. I take my hat off to her for accepting the daunting challenge," he said in a statement Wednesday.
"Nobody in this world cannot be incapable of accomplishing a task as long as he or she puts his or her mind and conscience into the job," he said. /je
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- The Latest: NATO envoys to discuss Turkey offensive's impact
- The Latest: French FM calls for anti-IS coalition meeting
- Drug deaths taskforce to meet for first time
- The Latest: Security Council to meet on Turkey offensive
- Will the UK meet Michel Barnier's midnight Brexit deal deadline? And what will happen if no agreement has been hammered out before a crunch EU summit starts on Thursday?
- The Mandalorian: Everything we know about the new Star Wars show on Disney Plus
- Spain’s most prolific drug gang on its last legs
- Barclay meets Barnier in Brussels as Brexit deadline looms
- Lily Allen's romance with Stranger Things' David Harbour heats up as she meets his parents while supporting him backstage for his SNL appearance
- Republican senators meet with federal officials in D.C.
Robredo, Lacson to meet, discuss war on drugs have 360 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at November 7, 2019. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.