KOLKATA: The Bangladesh board (BCB) took its time to think over BCCI president Sourav Ganguly’s proposal that the second Test match between the two countries be a day-night affair. By the time BCB managed to convince its players – a day before the team left Dhaka – just over three weeks remained for the match. Cyclone Bulbul then hit the city, hampering preparation. Curator Sujan Mukherjee and his team, who had prepared the ground for the country’s first official pink-ball game – CAB Super League final three years back – had to work on a war footing to get Eden Gardens ready for the country’s maiden pink-ball Test, which begins on Friday. BCCI chief curator Ashish Bhowmick, who had flown down a week ago for an initial assessment, is back in town to oversee the entire operation. Several experts feel that Ganguly has chosen the best-suited venue for pink-ball Test as Eden Gardens has all the pre-requisites needed to make it a success. The pink ball is still not a widely-manufactured product, at least in India, and hence there are still a number of concerns. While day-night Duleep Trophy matches were played with Kookaburra balls in all three seasons, SG… Read full this story
- Bad News, Ladies: The 'Pink Tax' Starts At Birth
- Your Ten Best (And Craziest) Ideas For My Jetta Giveaway
- Quality Assured: What It’s Really Like To Test Games For A Living
- Best gaming headset 2018: the best headsets for PS4 and Xbox One this year
- The Best Black Friday Nintendo Switch Deals
- Google Wifi Network Check can test the speed of all your connected devices
- Xero transitions into small business platform with new product suite
- Wii iPlayer vs PS3 iPlayer test: which is best for free BBC TV?
- NASA Explains How The 2014 World Cup Soccer Ball Is The Best Ever
- Sow Your Seedlings Now, in Winter, for a Healthier Garden in the Spring
The Pink Test: Why Eden Gardens is best suited for pink-ball cricket have 321 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.