New Delhi, Nov 19: The highlight of the first day of Winter Session was the 250th session of the Rajya Sabha. A debate on ‘Role of Rajya Sabha in Indian Polity and the Way Forward’ was held and prominent leaders from various parties like former prime minister Manmohan Singh, Jayadev Galla, Bhartruhari Mahtab, among others. PM Modi also spoke at length on the issue.
Congress leader in Lok Sabha Adhir Ranjan Chowdhry raked up the matter of Farooq Abdullah’s detention and sought to know from the government why the former chief minister has not been released still.
Slogans of “Stop attacking the opposition, release Farooq Abdullah, We want justice” were also raised.
National Conference and the DMK protested in the well of the House against the instability in Kashmir after the abrogation of Article 370.
Winter Session’s 2nd Day: Stay tuned for Live updates
Not a single MP from Opposition went into the Well of the Rajya Sabha. Yet, House was adjourned within minutes right till 2 pm. Oppn deprived of raising imp issues in Zero Hour & holding ministers accountable in Question Hour. #Parliament When you don’t have answers, u run away
— Derek O’Brien | ডেরেক ও’ব্রায়েন (@derekobrienmp) November 19, 2019
- Winter Session Live: Rajya Sabha passes 'Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial' bill
- Winter Session updates: Both houses adjourned till tomorrow
- Parliament nod to bill for removal of Cong chief as Jallianwala memorial trustee
- Winter Session LIVE: Comprehensive air plan for Delhi NCR has been developed, says Prakash Javadekar
- Winter Session LIVE: Comprehensive air plan for Delhi NCR, says Prakash Javadekar
- Winter Session LIVE: Jaya Bachchan demands Environmental Emergency declaration, punish the culprits