New Delhi: The 7th Economic Census, which is being conducted nationwide through common services centres (CSCs), is expected to be completed by March 2020, Central Statistics Office Director General (Social Statistics) A.K. Sadhu said on Friday. The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) has tied up with CSC e-Governance Service for the 7th Economic Census. The survey was launched in Delhi on Friday.
“For the first time, the entire Census is being conducted on a digital platform by the use of an application which will ensure high accuracy and data security.”In Delhi, the entire process will take around three months where enumerators will survey around 45 lakh establishments and households,” Sadhu said after flagging off the survey for Delhi. Sadhu said Delhi is the 26th state where the survey has been launched, while the process is already on in 20 states and five union territories (UTs).
Started in 1977, only six economic censuses have been done so far due to massive work involving in-depth survey and data compilation. This is the first time when the economic census is being done using digital platform which has reduced time for survey to 6 months from 2 years earlier.
Over 1.5 lakh trained enumerators have been deployed for the nationwide survey who will visit 35 crore establishments and households to carry out the Census, according to CSC Head of Operations Nepal Chandra Sen.
- Millions expected to march for tougher gun laws
- Thousands expected to march for tougher gun laws in the US
- Dubai expects World Expo 2020 to boost sluggish real estate market
- May warned not to "trade away" UK fishing rights after EU post-2020 demand
- Live: Britain faces 'two lost decades' without wage growth warn economic experts in bleak assessment of Tory no-hope Budget
- Census validation: ‘Disputed names’ in PBS-named panel
- SAARC committed to greater economic integration
- Economic growth in the UK and Northern Ireland to remain subdued in 2018
- Amid threat of US sanctions, an economic crisis looms
- When is the UEFA Nations League draw, what group are Scotland in, who could they face, how many Euro 2020 places are up for grabs?