Shim Jae-cheol, far right, floor leader of the main opposition Liberty Korea Party, and Rep. Kim Jae-won, second from right, talk with Lee In-young, seated center, floor leader of the ruling Democratic Party, about next year’s budget bill at the main conference hall of the National Assembly on Tuesday. [NEWS1]Chief negotiators of three major parties sat down on Tuesday for their final negotiations on fixing the Moon Jae-in administration’s spending plan for next year, after their earlier deal to pass the budget bill on Monday was nixed by the main opposition party. National Assembly Speaker Moon Hee-sang and floor leaders of the ruling Democratic Party (DP) and opposition Liberty Korea Party (LKP) and Bareunmirae Party started the negotiations at 1:36 p.m. at the National Assembly. A voting session, scheduled to reopen at 2 p.m. from recess, was delayed as the meeting continued. Earlier in the morning, the National Assembly held a session and passed 16 uncontentious bills. The meeting between Moon and Reps. Lee In-young of the DP, Shim Jae-cheol of the LKP and Oh Shin-hwan of the Bareunmirae Party was intended to end the political deadlock over the budget and other politically sensitive bills. Last month, the LKP had… Read full this story
- Kerala assembly passes resolution on currency exchange issue
- Anambra lawmakers pass House of Assembly Service Commission Bill
- Ogun Assembly passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, increases Capital Votes with #2 billion
- Ogun Assembly passes Sports Commission, Trust Fund Bills
- Kerala assembly passes resolution demanding withdrawal of Citizenship Amendment Act
- 138:1 | Kerala Assembly Passes Resolution Demanding Withdrawal Of Citizenship Amendment Act
- Imo Assembly passes N197bn Appropriation Bill for 2020
- Obama to immigration critics in Congress: "Pass a bill"
- TEXAS Having A Tough Time Passing Bathroom Bill To Protect Biological Women
- UP assembly to ratify bill that has no provision for Anglo-Indian nomination
Assembly passes 16 bills, talks on divisive issues continue have 308 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.