New Delhi: Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram who walked out of Tihar jail on Wednesday, after spending 106 days in jail, will address media at the Congress headquarters in New Delhi. Chidambaram is also likely to attend the Parliament’s session today, as told by his son Karti Chidambaram while speaking to media post the Supreme Court’s decision granting bail to the former union minister. Chidambaram was released on Wednesday evening (8 p.m.) from the Tihar jail after 106 days of “pre-trial incarceration”, following the grant of bail by the Supreme Court. Soon after stepping out of the jail, received by his son and Lok Sabha member Karti Chidambaram and welcomed by slogan-shouting party workers, Chidambaram told the waiting media, “In the 106 days of pre-trail incarceration not a single charge was framed against me.” “I will speak all about that tomorrow (Thursday),” he said before getting into the waiting vehicle that drove straight to party interim chief Sonia Gandhi’s residence at 10, Jan Path. Speaking to reporters after meeting Gandhi, Chidambaram said, “I am happy that Supreme Court has passed an order granting bail and I am happy that I have stepped out and breathing the air of freedom after… Read full this story
- Houston Rockets player Russell Westbrook is hailed as a hero in China after wearing a traditional Chinese coat to a press conference amid intensifying row between Beijing and the NBA over Hong Kong protests
- Royal Darwin Hospital emergency director uses press conference to blast NT hospital system
- Redskins' Daniel Snyder wishes everyone 'Happy Thanksgiving' in Ron Rivera introductory press conference
- Newt Gingrich Thinks Trump Shouldn’t ‘Randomly Tweet’ — or Hold Press Conferences
- Redskins owner Dan Snyder says 'Happy Thanksgiving' at Jan. 2 press conference introducing coach Ron Rivera
- Marshawn Lynch's first press conference in return to Seahawks lasts just 12 seconds
- Stephen Colbert Rips Apart Trump's Press Conference: 'He is One of the Biggest Whiners in the United States'
- WATCH: Trump Holds Impromptu Press Conference On New Year’s Eve: ‘This Will Not Be A Benghazi’
- Ex-CIA Head Says Donald Trump Committed 'Treasonous,' Impeachable Offense During Putin Press Conference
- AMD aims to "push the envelope" at CES 2020, reveals CES press conference date
Chidambaram To Address Press Conference, Likely To Attend Parliament Today have 368 words, post on news.abplive.com at December 5, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.