Video PlayerClose GUANGZHOU, China, Dec. 14 (Xinhua) — Anthony Sinisuka Ginting of Indonesia and Kento Momota of Japan both eliminated their opponents in straight sets to reach the men’s singles final, while Chinese mixed doubles pairs secured the title at BWF World Tour Finals 2019 here on Saturday. Ginting took 41 minutes to defeat China’s Chen Long 21-15, 21-15, beating him again after the win in the group phase. “Today’s game is almost the same as the last one. Maybe Chen has changed his techniques a little bit. Luckily I can control the game,” said Ginting. “Despite the loss, Chen is still an excellent player.” The Indonesian will challenge world No. 1 Momota, who breezed past Wang Tzu Wei of Chinese Taipei 21-17, 21-12. “I need to be fully prepared for tomorrow’s match. I will take a rest after the semifinals and try to keep in form,” Ginting added. In the mixed doubles, top-seeded Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong set up a final clash with fellow Chinese duo Wang Yilyu/Huang Dongping, which is a repeat of last year’s final where Wang and Huang finally clinched the victory. Wang and Huang routed Thai pair Dechapol Puavaranukroh/Sapsiree Taerattanachai 21-17, 21-16, while Zheng and Huang… Read full this story
- Indonesia's top shuttlers to vie in 2019 BWF World Tour Finals
- Syed Modi International: Saina hopes of turnaround, Lakshya eyes 5th title of season
- Syed Modi: Saina pulls out, Lakshya eyes season's 5th title
- Saina Nehwal Pulls Out Of Syed Modi International, Lakshya Sen Eyes Season's 5th Title
- Syed Modi International: Saina Nehwal Pulls Out, Lakshya Sen Eyes 5th Title of Season
- Syed Modi International: Saina Nehwal hoping for a turnaround
China secures mixed doubles title at BWF World Tour Finals have 284 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.