New Delhi: Union Minister Amit Shah will introduce the much-debated Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) in Lok Sabha on Monday. The Bill is in the lower house’s ‘List of Business’ for today. The ruling BJP has issued whip to all its Lok Sabha members to remain present in the House for three days starting from December 9, sources in the party said on Sunday. The bill seeks to grant Indian citizenship to non-Muslim refugees from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan escaping religious persecution there. The whip, asking all BJP MPs to be present in the House, has been issued, a source was quoted as saying by news agency PTI. The bill to amend the six-decade-old Citizenship Act will be introduced in Parliament in the afternoon, and later in the day it will be taken up for discussion and passage, according to the Lok Sabha’s List of Business for Monday. The bill is set to sail through smoothly in the Lok Sabha, as the BJP has 303 MPs in the 545-member House. Congress to oppose the bill: The Congress has decided to oppose the Citizenship Amendment Bill which is to be introduced on Monday by Union Home Minister Amit Shah in the Lok… Read full this story
- Brunswick Pool Table
- Portable Table Saws - We Have Come A Long Way
- Router Extension For Table Saws - Choosing One For Your Woodworking Projects
- Garreth Westwood: What is Your Citizenship Strategy?
- 16th Amendment - Bill Benson Litigation
- Does the First Amendment Always Protect US Media
- The Virginia Tech Nightmare and The 2nd Amendment - Could Concealed Carry Permits Have Prevented it?
- Table Tennis DVDs, Great Entertainment You Can Watch for Hours
- Table Saws - The 4 Main Types Explained
- Pub Tables & Bar Stools - Another Version Of Dining Tables!
Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) To Be Tabled In Lok Sabha By Amit Shah Today have 299 words, post on news.abplive.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.