CJ ENM, Korea’s largest entertainment conglomerate, has been called the “victim” of the vote-rigging scandal behind the now-disgraced “Produce” series according to the written prosecution submitted by the prosecutors to the National Assembly on Dec. 3. [YONHAP][First in a two-part series]Producers Kim Yong-bum and Ahn Joon-young of “Produce X 101” of Mnet were indicted with detention on Dec. 3, after being arrested by police for rigging voting results of the popular K-pop audition series. When the show kicked off in 2016 with “Produce 101,” it promised viewers a K-pop group “produced from your very own hands,” but it turns out that the producers had not only taken bribes from entertainment agencies, but fabricated voting results in the process of forming all four of the show’s final project groups – I.O.I, Wanna One, IZ*ONE and X1. No court ruling has come yet, but the fact that “Produce 101” wasn’t what it promised is clear.From the trust of the public to the dreams of individual trainees, the Korea JoongAng Daily looks at what CJ ENM’s Mnet has lost through the “Produce” scandal in a two-part series. Every summer since 2016, subway stations and buses have been taken over by ads paid for… Read full this story
- Google Assistant gets 6 new voices, and will soon talk on the phone for you
- Reds fans urged to pack out 'virtual' Anfield for Owen McVeigh cause
- REVEALED: 3 Dangerous Mistakes Men Make In Bed That Makes Their Wife Cheat.
- Jimmy Buffett sails into Des Moines for a fun night with frenzied fans
- Sam Faiers divides fans as she showcases very curly new haircut on Instagram
- Taylor Swift fans hit out at Greg James after BBC host tells her to take a shower after Biggest Weekend set
- Movie producer Oscar Generale lifts lid on close friendship with John Travolta
- How to make tabbouleh in 20 minutes
- Sonam Ki Mehendi: This Video Of Sonam and Anand Dancing Together Is Making Our Hearts Happy!
- ‘Twilight Zone’ child star’s belongings, remains draw devoted fans
Fans place blame on CJ ENM for ‘Produce’ scandal: ‘Produce’ fans make their voices heard have 340 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.