Indian-American economist Abhijit Banerjee and his French-American wife Esther Duflo along with their colleague Michael Kremer received the 2019 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences on Tuesday for their work to alleviate global poverty that has helped millions of children in an experimental approach that favours practical steps over theory. IMAGE: Professor Abhijit Banerjee, laureate of the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel acknowledges applause after he received his Nobel Prize from King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden during the Nobel Prize Awards Ceremony at Concert Hall in Stockholm, Sweden. Photograph: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images The US-based economists looked dapper with Banerjee turning up in bandhgala that he teamed with a white and gold-bordered dhoti. Duflo also chose to wear Indian attire in a saree and red blouse and the quintessential red bindi for the award ceremony that was held at the Stockholm Concert Hall. In a tweet, the Nobel Prize committee shared a small video of Banerjee, Duflo and Kremer receiving the award. “Watch Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer receive their medals and diplomas at the #NobelPrize award ceremony today. Congratulations! They were awarded the 2019 Prize in Economic Sciences for their experimental… Read full this story
- Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee may have guided CM Mamata’s move to directly transfer money to Amphan-affected: Experts
- Sonakshi Sinha, Vishal, Salim Received “NoBell” Award On Indian Idol Junior!
- Kazuo Ishiguro Wins Nobel Prize in Literature
- Rectifying lapses in compensation distribution to cyclone-affected people, says Mamata Banerjee amid protests over irregularities
- Can you tell which Nobel Prize winner named Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen?
- Nobel laureates and science groups demand NIH review decision to kill coronavirus grant
- Nobel laureate Tasuku Honjo to sue Japanese drug firm for 22 billion yen
- CBSE's syllabus rationalisation move receives mixed reactions from academicians, school representatives
- How 'quacks' are guarding Indian villages against Covid-19
- Analysis | A year after he quit as Congress chief, Rahul continues to shape party’s stand on key issues
In bandhgala & dhoti, Abhijit Banerjee receives Nobel have 335 words, post on www.rediff.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.