Video PlayerClose BOGOTA, Dec. 15 (Xinhua) — The year 2019 has been a banner year for China-Colombia ties, Colombian economist Enrique Posada told Xinhua in a recent interview. Relations were strengthened by Colombian President Ivan Duque Marquez’s state visit to Beijing in late July, accompanied by a sizable delegation of diplomats and business leaders eager to expand ties with their counterparts in China, said Posada. “Trade saw important exponential growth and investment grew” between the two nations, said Posada, head of the Asia-Pacific Virtual Watch and director of the Confucius Institute at Jorge Tadeo Lozano University in Bogota. The year also witnessed the biggest possible bilateral achievement in the history of China-Colombia ties, said Posada. “I want to spotlight the bid won … by two highly important companies in road engineering and infrastructure engineering in China, which won the bidding for the Bogota subway,” Posada said. The China expert called it “the largest victory” in ties between the two countries, “perhaps in the entire 40-year history of relations.” Consortium APCA Transmimetro, comprised of China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. and Xi’an Metro Company Ltd., will be involved in every aspect of the project, from design, partial financing, building the stations and… Read full this story
- China-Russia ties as a major determinant
- ‘Power of Siberia’ warms China-Russia ties
- Stronger China-Africa ties key to post-COVID-19 economic recovery: scholar
- China-US ties are intertwined
- Telangana: 14-year-old boy tied, dragged, thrashed by uncle for not going to work
- Watch: 14-year-old boy tied, dragged, thrashed by uncle for not going to work in Telangana
- Day with special significance this year: China Daily editorial
- Does China rip off America's intellectual property and trade secrets?
- China launches warship for Pakistan Navy
- US accuses China government and military of cyber-spying
Interview: 2019 banner year for China-Colombia ties: economist have 293 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.