US President Donald Trump said Chinese-American Xiyue Wang, 38, who was sentenced in 2016 to 10 years for spying, was returning to the United States. This followed Tehran’s announcement about the release of Iranian scientist Massoud Soleimani from the United States. Xiyue Wang and his wife Hua Qu. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied In a statement issued by the White House, Mr Trump thanked the Swiss government – which represents US diplomatic interests in Iran – for its help in negotiating Mr Wang’s release three years after he was first detained. “Freeing Americans held captive is of vital importance to my Administration, and we will continue to work hard to bring home all our citizens wrongfully held captive overseas,” he said. President Donald Trump. Picture: APSource:AP Mr Wang’s wife Hua Qu said: “Our family is complete once again. Our son Shaofan and I have waited three long years for this day and it´s hard to express in words how excited we are to be reunited with Xiyue.” The New York Post reported that Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Twitter: “Glad that Professor Massoud Soleimani and Mr Xiyue Wang will be joining their families shortly. Many thanks to all engaged, particularly… Read full this story
- Student loan debt: 4 things to keep in mind if you're burdened
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson Declares Obama Spied on Trump While MSNBC Attacks Barr For Touting 'Factless Conspiracy Theory'
- MATC emergency fund lifts students on the economic margins
- Laquan McDonald shooting: Ex-cop Jason Van Dyke beaten in prison
- Alabama Roots: Next set of NFL free agents heading into contract years
- Students don’t know enough about e-cigarettes. UCLA should fix that.
- An invisible fight: Students struggle with eating disorders, finding resources
- Slightly more New York students now in college tuition-free
- ‘El Chapo’ Supermax’ Prison Location: Where Guzman Will Likely Serve Life Sentence, Experts Say
- American Bombs Have Killed Hundreds of Civilians, Including Children, in Unlawful Strikes on Yemen: Report
Iran frees American student held since 2016 on spying charges in prisoner swap for scientist held by the US have 330 words, post on www.news.com.au at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.